CUSC operates on a three-year cycle, alternating between graduating students, first-year students, and middle years students.
All of the surveys focus on the Canadian university student experience. Information is collected about what students expect of their university, their motivations for going to university, whether they have a goal in mind, and their self-reported development. The three surveys will contain common questions to help universities assess how their students change as they progress through their education. Core questions found on all three CUSC‐CCREU surveys include:
- Demographics/ personal profile
- Students’ academic profile
- Use of and satisfaction with various facilities and services
- Experiences with faculty
- Financing education
- Whether the university experience exceeded, met, or fell short of expectations
- Assessment of the overall university experience
- Open-ended questions – Which aspects of your experience were the most negative/ most positive?
All our surveys are the intellectual property of CUSC. When referencing any of the questions included in CUSC’s surveys, please cite the source (e.g. Canadian University Survey Consortium. CUSC 2023 survey – Middle Years Students).